Have you ever played “Never Have I Ever?” The idea is that a group of friends, sitting in a circle, put up all their fingers. Someone says “Never have I ever…(insert thing)” and anyone who has done the thing has to put a finger down. Last person left with fingers up wins.
I hear this can also be played with shots… I won’t tell on you.
So let’s play a game together. Put your score in the comments!
Never have I ever:
- Spent the entire block of time I reserved for writing… on research
- Spent the entire block of time I reserved for writing… on social media
- Forgotten I was in the middle of doing dishes because I had to run to my desk and “jot down a real quick idea” that turned into a 5-10 page thing.
- Looked up noise-cancelling headphones in a desperate attempt to achieve focus.
- Written story ideas on the backs of receipts or napkins
- Stared at a blank page for an hour only to be bombarded with ideas five minutes after giving up
- Got distracted from writing by talking about writing
- Lost a draft in the endless files of drafts on my computer
- Started writing a story I know very well I don’t have time for right now
- Switched back to writing the other story because I can’t figure out what happens next… only to realize I had switched away from that story because I couldn’t figure out what happens next
- Spent more time on the sprint post than actually sprinting
- Found a story on my computer I’d forgotten ever existed
- Neglected family time because IF I DON’T GET THIS STORY OUT OF ME I WILL EXPLODE
- Neglected writing time because WRITING IS HARD
- Adjusted my word count goal so I could claim I actually met it
- Been unable to describe what my book is about without literally telling the entire story
- Titled something “FinalFinalDraftPromise.doc” and got about a third of the way through it before starting over again
- Started writing scenes for the sequel before I finished writing the first book
- Jumped from idea to idea like a young frog on crack
- Been so frozen between writing or chores that I do neither until I run out of time
Okay, okay, confession time… I have done ALL the things. I lose.
What’s your number?
1 thought on “Never Have I Ever: ADHD Writer Edition”
There’s only 8 of those I haven’t done.