Because we had so much fun making our debut anthology, The Order of Us, we decided to follow up with another Moms Who Write anthology. Our next installation is entitled The History of Us: Stories of the Women Who Made Us, and submissions are OPEN!
What We’re Looking For
We want to hear stories of the grandmothers, mothers, sisters, friends, teachers, aunts, and all of the women who made you who you are. The good, the broken, the badass, and the messy. Have a grandmother who broke all the rules? A teacher you never forgot? Give us the gritty details. We want to know how they changed the world. How they shaped you.
Theme Ideas for The History of Us
There are tons of ways you can take these stories. Here are some theme ideas to get you started.
- Unique family dynamics
- A woman who broke every single rule
- Well-kept secrets
- Rising to challenges
- Cultural expectations and how they were broken/met/overcome
- Core memories of an interaction/relationship that changed everything for you
- Generational curses
We cannot wait for this round! Thank you for your support of The Order of Us. If you haven’t ordered yet, you can do that here. If you’ve ordered, LEAVE A REVIEW!
Frequently Asked Questions
- You may submit more than one piece. Submit by filling out this Google form.
- You will retain all rights.
- There is no minimum word count. The maximum word count is 4,500.
- Submissions are open to poetry, narratives, essays—basically any format.
- We would love photographs. Please keep in mind:
1. You need to own the copyright.
2. They will be printed in grayscale.
- Submissions close on May 31 at midnight ET.
- All proceeds will be donated to Women for Women International’s emergency response to the Ukraine war.
We are so excited about this next installation of our anthology series, and we can’t wait to read these stories! Send us all the things!